One of the greatest business tools we have as real estate advisors is our database (tribe)! It is often said that “there is gold in the database,” or “fields of diamonds” to harvest” and that is most certainly true. The key is to genuinely show up as YOU!
Schedule events, send marketing pieces, post on social media platforms, etc in a fashion that represents you and how you are most comfortable interacting with your tribe. Being genuinely YOU allows your database to experience you in a very natural way vs doing things that are forced or unnatural. When we work with our database truly as a tribe, it is then that we show up most authentically, and allow us to connect much more easily! Our tribe looks at us as leaders with powerful information vs agents looking for business!
Below are the notes from an agent panel from our last Town Hall Event that was designed to take a look at the activities of a group of our top performing agents and how they have been successful in cultivating their databases:
WHAT ARE THE MOST IMPACTFUL THINGS YOU DO WITH YOUR TRIBE?
- Purposeful Connection – purposefully reach out to someone that you think of and set up a one on one time with them
- Help people walk through intentional decisions
- Small groups – hosting often at my house regularly
- Active things – tennis, biking, 14ers
- Social Media – ¾ personal and ¼ business
- Being authentic and showing up without expectation
- Face to face – coffees, lunches, golfing, other interests I have
WHY HAVE YOU BEEN SUCCESSFUL THIS YEAR?
- Finally found my home as a brokerage and working on my mindset is key
- My strategy group makes it so I’m not an island- motivates and supports me
- Staying in touch and in others’ lives as much as possible
- Using the CHR tools that feel most authentic to me that I can provide to others
- Number of connections and always connecting with other people and the right people – going out working, taking care of people
WHO’S IN YOUR DATABASE AND WHAT ACTION HAVE YOU TAKEN?
- “My database is tight.” The right people. Not just anyone. Have about 240 people that I want to invest my time in. They trust me as a professional and enjoy spending their time with me.
- Activity is intentional and has purpose.
- Make sure to follow up and follow through – Meaningful conversations and purpose in every connection. Connections you need to make before you move on to the next thing.
- Don’t broaden what you are doing, just create intentionality around it.
WHAT ATTRACTS PEOPLE TO YOU?
- Aligned interaction – one on one with people to truly get to know them
- Be in my element being outside
- The key is to get in front of people and be genuine with them
WHAT RESPONSES AND FEEDBACK DO YOU GET?
- It feels good and connected and I feel appreciation.
- Focus on the other person being seen and being heard – eye contact!
- Being real and authentic in who you are no matter what it looks like
- Appreciation for me as a person showing up and being there
- Not attached to a particular response but may see one later
- Sometimes don’t get any response – know doing the activity and making the touches – know you are so busy and appreciate you spending time with us
- How you do one thing is how you do everything. What are you known for?
- They know who you are based on your interactions and that is why they trust you as an advisor.
- Focus on the fact that you enjoy being in life with these people and people appreciate that.
- Tribe always has a leader, not a hierarchy
- Check out the full video of the agent panel below
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
If you love our content and are a full time real estate professional who is dedicated to incredible experiences for your client, we’d love to chat.